***Submissions for GFF14 are closed. GFF15 submissions open January 2015.
GREENPOINT FILM FESTIVAL 2014 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Greenpoint Film Festival will be accepting submissions for 2014 in the following categories:
- Student (short length only)
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your film for consideration.
Deadlines & Fees
Earlybird Deadline: January 30, 2014
Shorts( < 50 minutes ) $40
Features( ≥ 50 minutes ) $45
Regular Deadline: April 1, 2014
Shorts( < 50 minutes ) $50
Features( ≥ 50 minutes ) $55
Late Deadline: June 15, 2014
Shorts( < 50 minutes ) $60
Features( ≥ 50 minutes ) $65
Extended Deadline: July 6, 2014
Entry fees must be paid in U.S. Dollars. Prices apply to a single entry and are non-refundable. The Greenpoint Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission without a refund of any kind if eligibility requirements are not met before or after the film is submitted.
Students: The entry fee for short film submissions may be waived if the application is accompanied by proof-of-enrollment at an accredited university which can be either (i) a copy of a valid student ID or (ii) letter verifying enrollment from an accredited college or university. If this is not included, your submission will be automatically disqualified.
Special Greenpoint Film Festival awards designed by a local artist will be given to a single winner in each category.
(1) The film must have been completed between April, 2012 – April, 2014.
(2) Works in any language other than English must have English subtitles at the time of submission. Dialogue lists will NOT be accepted.
(3) Short films and student works must be under 50 minutes. Features must be 50 minutes or longer.
(4) Screening formats are still being finalized.
(5) All filmmakers must have obtained any necessary clearances to exhibit the film at the time of submission. Upon acceptance filmmakers must execute a release agreement wherein they (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit their work at GFF14; (ii) warrant that they have the rights necessary to exhibit their film at GFF14; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless GFF14 its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of their film at GFF14.
How to Apply
Complete the ONLINE application through Withoutabox:
*Students: If you are waiving a submission fee, please include proof-of-enrollment at an accredited university in lieu of a receipt which can be either (i) a copy of a valid student ID or (ii) letter verifying enrollment from an accredited college or university. If this is not included, your submission will be automatically disqualified.
Mail all hard copies and DVDs in one single package to:
Greenpoint Film Festival
302 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
*We must RECEIVE your package at our office no later than two weeks after the indicated deadlines. Packages must be postmarked by the indicated deadline to be considered.
*You will get an email from the Greenpoint Film Festival once your film has been received at our office. If you do not get that email within 14 days after your shipment please follow up by emailing email@example.com at that time.
*Entry materials will not be returned.
Each entered film must be submitted on its own DVD(s) and accompanied by its own completed “Entry Form”; please do not send a compilation DVD composed of works for separate entries. Each entry fee only applies to a single film submission.
Accepted submissions will announced July 27, 2014.
Works invited to participate in GFF14 will be shown in the series/program determined most appropriate by the programmers and at their sole discretion.
All accepted works must fulfill the following requirements:
1) You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at GFF14; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at GFF14; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Greenpoint Film Festival, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at GFF14.
(2) GFF exhibition formats to be announced.
(3) You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival one exhibition copy of the invited work. We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the submission and exhibition materials to GFF14. GFF14 will cover return shipping (or will ship to another festival) only within the continental United States via ground shipping. GFF14 cannot cover overnight or priority shipping costs, or ship US films to an address outside the United States.
(4) You must provide a properly completed and signed official GFF14 “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist” that will be provided upon acceptance.
(5) You must provide at least one DVD copy of the final, completed film for Festival archives.