GREENPOINT FILM FESTIVAL 2019 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Greenpoint Film Festival will be accepting submissions for 2019 in the following categories:
- Student (short length only)
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your film for consideration.
Deadlines & Fees
Earlybird Deadline: November 30, 2018
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $40
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $45
Regular Deadline: January 31, 2019
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $50
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $55
Late Deadline: February 28, 2019
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $60
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $65
Extended Deadline: March 16, 2019
Entry fees must be paid in U.S. Dollars. Prices apply to a single entry and are non-refundable. The Greenpoint Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission without a refund of any kind if eligibility requirements are not met before or after the film is submitted.
Special Greenpoint Film Festival awards designed by a local artist will be given to a single winner in each category.
(1) The film must have been completed between January, 2017 – January 2019.
(2) Works in any language other than English must have English subtitles at the time of submission. Dialogue lists will NOT be accepted.
(3) Short films and student works must be under 40 minutes. Features must be 40 minutes or longer.
(4) Films will be screened electronically via the provided .mp4 file. The format required for the festival is a 1080P file encoded in H.264 in a .mp4 container.
(5) All filmmakers must have obtained any necessary clearances to exhibit the film at the time of submission. Upon acceptance filmmakers must execute a release agreement wherein they (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit their work at GFF 2019; (ii) warrant that they have the rights necessary to exhibit their film at GFF 2019; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless GFF 2019 its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of their film at GFF 2019.
How to Apply
Complete the ONLINE application through Withoutabox:
*You will get an email from the Greenpoint Film Festival once your film has been received at our office. If you do not get that email within 14 days after your files have been sent, please follow up by emailing email@example.com at that time.
*Entry materials will not be returned.
Accepted submissions will be announced April 6, 2019.
Works invited to participate in GFF 2019 will be shown in the series/program determined most appropriate by the programmers and at their sole discretion.
All accepted works must fulfill the following requirements:
1) You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at GFF 2019; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at GFF 2019; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Greenpoint Film Festival, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at GFF 2019.
(2) GFF exhibition formats:
(2)(a) 1080P resolution encoded in H.264 in a .mp4 container.
(3) All files must be delivered to the address(es) designated by the Festival one exhibition copy of the invited work. We recommend you submit via a storage platform service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Myairbridge, Mega.nz, etc in order to ensure complete and proper delivery of your entry. You are responsible for any costs of delivery in connection to any service used for online storage or delivery of electronic files to GFF 2019.
(4) You must provide a properly completed and signed official GFF 2019 “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist” that will be provided upon acceptance. Example of required materials include but are not limited to:
(4)(a) An electronic press kit (EPK) to include but not be limited to, a document with: contact info, title, runtime, genre, website, social media links, tagline, logline, short and medium synopsis, bios, directors statement, list of credits, etc;
(4)(b) 5-15 Hi-Res production or BTS (Behind The Scenes) still frames;
(4)(c) 3-5 Hi-Res stills frames of film;
(4)(d) Film poster or One Sheet;
(4)(e) Headshots of major talent and crew (Director, DP, Producers, etc);
(4)(f) 60 second teaser and/or trailer;
(5) All files submitted will be kept for Festival archives.
*Students: If you are waiving a submission fee, please include proof-of-enrollment at an accredited university in lieu of a receipt which can be either (i) a copy of a valid student ID or (ii) letter verifying enrollment from an accredited college or university. If this is not included, your submission will be automatically disqualified. Please submit your documentation electronically or contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Multiple Entries: Each entered film must be submitted on its own file(s) and accompanied by its own completed “Entry Form”; please do not send a compilation file composed of works for separate entries. Each entry fee only applies to a single film submission.