GREENPOINT FILM FESTIVAL
The Greenpoint Film Festival accepts submissions in the following categories:
- Virtual Reality Stories
- Student (short length only)
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your film for consideration.
Deadlines & Fees
Earlybird Deadline: January 11, 2024
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $30
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $40
Regular Deadline: March 31, 2024
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $40
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $50
Late Deadline: May 1, 2024
Shorts( < 40 minutes ) $50
Features( ≥ 40 minutes ) $60
Entry fees must be paid in U.S. Dollars. Prices apply to a single entry and are non-refundable. The Greenpoint Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission without a refund of any kind if eligibility requirements are not met before or after the film is submitted.
Special Greenpoint Film Festival awards will be given to a single winner in each category.
- The film must have been completed between January, 2022 – January 2024.
- Works in any language other than English must have English subtitles at the time of submission. Dialogue lists will NOT be accepted.
- Short films and student works must be under 40 minutes. Features must be 40 minutes or longer.
- Films will be screened electronically via the provided .mp4 file. The format required for the festival is a 1080P file encoded in H.264 in a .mp4 container.
- All filmmakers must have obtained any necessary clearances to exhibit the film at the time of submission. By submitting to the Greenpoint Film Festival you are agreeing that you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit the work at the Greenpoint Film Festival; (ii) have the rights necessary to exhibit the film at the Greenpoint Film Festival; (iii) indemnify and hold harmless the Greenpoint Film Festival, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of the film at the Greenpoint Film Festival.
How to Apply
Complete the ONLINE application through FilmFreeway:
*You will get an email from the Greenpoint Film Festival once your film has been received. If you do not get that email within 14 days after your files have been sent, please follow up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at that time.
*Entry materials will not be returned.
Accepted submissions will be announced June 1, 2024.
Works invited to participate in the Greenpoint Film Festival will be shown in the series/program determined most appropriate by the programmers and at their sole discretion.
All accepted works must fulfill the following requirements:
- You agree to (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at the Greenpoint Film Festival; (ii) have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at the Greenpoint Film Festival; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless the Greenpoint Film Festival, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at the Greenpoint Film Festival.
- GFF exhibition formats:
- 2(a) 1080P resolution encoded in H.264 in a .mp4 container.
- All files must be delivered to the address(es) designated by the Festival. We recommend you submit via a storage platform service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Myairbridge, Mega.nz, etc in order to ensure complete and proper delivery of your entry. You are responsible for any costs of delivery in connection to any service used for online storage or delivery of electronic files to the Greenpoint Film Festival.
- You must provide all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist” that will be provided upon acceptance. Example of required materials include but are not limited to:
- 4(a) An electronic press kit (EPK) to include but not be limited to, a document with: contact info, title, runtime, genre, website, social media links, tagline, logline, short and medium synopsis, bios, directors statement, list of credits, etc;
- 4(b) 5-10 Hi-Res production or BTS (Behind The Scenes) stills;
- 4(c) 3-5 Hi-Res stills (frames) of the film;
- 4(d) Film poster or One Sheet (1080 pixels x 1600 pixels) in one of the following formats: jpg, png;
- 4(e) Headshots of key talent and/or crew (Director, DP, Producers, etc);
- 4(f) 60 second teaser and/or trailer;
- All files submitted will be kept for Festival archives.
*Students: If you are waiving a submission fee, please include proof-of-enrollment at an accredited university in lieu of a receipt which can be either (i) a copy of a valid student ID or (ii) letter verifying enrollment from an accredited college or university. If this is not included, your submission will be automatically disqualified. Please submit your documentation electronically or contact us for more information at email@example.com.
*Multiple Entries: Each entered film must be submitted on its own file(s) and accompanied by its own completed “Entry Form”; please do not send a compilation file composed of works for separate entries. Each entry fee only applies to a single film submission.